Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Insanity Day 1

So tonight I decided I have had enough with being lazy and out of shape. Plus A comes home for 2 weeks in July and I don't want him to run screaming in the other directions because I have gotten someone fluffy. Almost 2 years ago A bought the Insanity 60 day workout series, and prior to our wedding I worked out a tad to it. Completely out of order, I just picked the workout I wanted to do and was done with it.
Tonight I attempted to start the workout in the correct fashion, beginning with the Fit Test and following the recommended order of discs. Tonight I also failed at completing the Fit Test. Of the 8 exercises that you complete for 60 seconds each, I accomplished the first 4 before I thought I was going to die.

As of right now my Day 1 FitTest Results are as follows:
1. Switch Kick- 39
2. Power Jacks- 40
3. Power Knees- 47
4. Power Jumps- 22
5. Globe Jumps- 0
6. Suicide Jumps- 0
7. Pushup Jacks- 0
8. Low Plank Oblique- 0

I know that this is horrible, but I will continue with the workouts and go from here, in 2 weeks, even if the number of exercises 1-4 I complete stay the same, if I am able to make it through those without dying and do anything for 5-8 I know I will have improved.


My family will tell you that I am in great shape, that I have no reason to worry about my weight or tone, but that is just ridiculous. Everyone can stand to be in better shape, and I do not want to get to the point where everyone notices 100 yards away that I can stand to lose a few before taking steps to change it. I will actually post a picture of my Day 1 Self and hopefully in 60 days we will all see an improvement. I am hoping that by making all of y'all witnesses to this process it will force me to work at it. I am not the best person at sticking with something if I am not being held accountable. So if you see me slacking (not posting at least an affirmation daily about my pain) then please feel free to get on my case.

And by the way, in the picture facing the camera, no- those are not the outline of nicely sculpted abs, they are creases. But they are deceptive if you are far away..

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying not to laugh but can't help but think how similar our bodies are.You still have that untouched by babies youth to yours but it's funny how we are similar in shape.
    Now I will dog you to keep it up. I understand your meaning and when you think about it, it is best to get in the BEST shape possible before your first pregnancy. it will keep you in better shape afterwards since you will most likely continue into your pregnancy with suitable workouts.
    You do NOT want to end up like so many who let themselves "go" after having a kid or two. Get in & stay in great shape & you will feel fantastic before, during & after babies. PLEASE DONT EVER do this~>Cutting off your hair in a cut similar to justin bieber or other boy length hairstyles, which women say it's easier to manage with kids. Think Kate Gosslen. ACK! Gag!Besides, if my brother does not put up a fight on ya keeping longer locks, then I will.;) Thy give that sensual allure of being female that despite what some may say, it keeps you youthful looking longer. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pudge? Do I need to email you my "before" pic? It is pretty scary, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of it is all in the hips, thighs, and love handles. Holly I'm 40 lbs heavier than when we were in boot camp together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I looked like your "before" picture. You would run screaming the other way for sure if I posted a pic of me in the same clothing! Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete