Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hypocrisy of Higher Education

As most people who know anything about me outside of a business setting could tell you, I am a procrastinator and really just extremely lazy. I have had an assignment for my Psychology of Learning class since the first day of school this semester in August, I started this assignment on Thursday night simply by finding random sources to use, even if they didn't fully fit the requirement of the paper. After such a busy day of finding sources, I didn't work anymore on this project until Sunday around 3pm, it was due Monday morning at noon. Normally this wouldn't be an issue for me, since I am really very adept at word vomiting a decent B average paper without any real thought. This paper was particularly difficult for me because I really just didn't care and it was a very nondescript assignment- write a 12-15 page research paper reviewing current research about a subject relating to "learning" with at minimum 20 sources. Really? What exactly does this entail? Well I could just not get my brain around this assignment and so my less than half of a half-assed effort was what I turned in. An 11 page (including title and bibliography pages) with only 14 sources and very, very badly written with absolutely no organization what-so-ever. And what grade do I get on this elementary level research paper? 93- please tell me that some colleges actually require real work to be done for A's.




I have one more final to take in the morning, but it is for my history class, which really doesn't require too much studying since it is the one class that I consistently showed up for. Additionally I have to get the rest of the stuff moved out of the house this week. Hopefully I can find a trailer from Uhaul to move everything down at one time (the mattress is a little big too strap to the truck bed).

I am laying in bed and Wookie has decided that I am going to abandon her so she feels the need to lay right up on me. I tried scooting her over and she just moves right back over on top of me. She has been sad ever since Adam left. Poor little girl misses her Daddy. The other night she decided that my butt makes a really good pillow. I was able to get a picture over my shoulder as I was laying there.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Wookie. She even looks sad.
    Nice going on the score. Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. Maybe the professor was feeling kind that day.lol.

    ReplyDelete