Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Deployments and the Holidays

I attempt to spend my time doing all of the school work that is left to do before the semester ends next Friday, but true to my lazy self, I end up thinking and planning for events that have no immediate impact on my life or any productive end. I have planned and re-planned twenty times over where and what A and I will do on his mid-tour leave. Should we go to Cleveland, Chicago, a Cruise, Europe, the Beach? I have a plan and budget set for each situation, but not one page of research done for my 15 pages paper due next Monday. I have names picked out for our children, one boy and one girl name, with and alternate set aside just in case we have 2 boys or 2 girls. Sophie Grace and Isaac Russell- alternates being Abigail Rose and Jacob Daniel. But none of the book read that I have a test on tomorrow.  

I spend my day avoiding people, never really staying on the phone even with A simply because my attention will not hold right now. I have so much going on in my head and yet, I am accomplishing nothing. It is almost time to be completely moved out of our house on base and for me to move down to Fort Worth, yet it still seems as though there are many many things left to pack and clean. Wookie, a loving baby who feeds off my energy is now lazy and sleeps 20 hours a day since I have none to give her. She doesn't move from our bed but to drink, eat, and go outside when needed. Even playing fetch, I am not sure who tires of it more quickly lately, me or her. 

Christmas is fast approaching, and the one benefit of A not being here is that we will save money. No gifts between us this year, which honestly I feel is unnecessary anyways. We bought my Dad's gift, a compilation from my brother, sister, and I. And now I have to find something for my brother since we decided to be frugal this year and pick only one person to buy for. My brother and future sister-in-law bought a house this year and that always makes money a little tight. My sister is soon moving to Oklahoma City after I move away from Lawton. It is funny, but for the last 10 years, there has always been someone far from home. First it was S out in Lubbock, then M down by Houston, then I moved to Wichita Falls followed by Lawton. It is funny though, just about the time that one is getting ready to move back home, another is getting ready to move away. When M left, S came home. When I left, M came home. Now I am coming home and S is leaving. Will this pattern continue in 15-18 months when A and I move out of the Texas/Oklahoma area?

No comments:

Post a Comment