Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm still alive!

I know it may not seem like it based on my entries here, but I am still alive. I have been extremely busy over the last few months and I am so excited for the next few to make it here.
My birthday is on Friday and our anniversary is on Sunday. And while I will not be alone on Friday, I will be celebrating alone on my anniversary. The husband is still deployed, even though it is for only a few more weeks. He has been gone for nearly a year, and our anniversary just makes that seem all the more noticeable. I do get to go out to dinner with my Dad, Brother, and Sister in Law on Friday and I am getting a massage on Wednesday- which I desperately need. I was so stressed out prior to A coming home on his mid-tour leave that I started getting sick, gave myself stress ulcers and was just down right bitchy. But not this time. I am getting my massages, I get to play with my kids 3 days a week, and I have plenty to keep me busy between quilts, Wookie, school, and my grandparents.
A lot has changed since A was home on leave, I moved out of my apartment due to some very unfavorable decisions on my roommate's part, and moved in with my grandparents. Its actually pretty nice, they love my dog, and they keep her entertained all day and she keeps them entertained while I'm at work. Lucky for me, she is a very well behaved dog, and she loves her Papaw. I also no longer work for Delta Airlines, it was too stressful and too much bullshit to put up with for 40 hours a week making $1700 a month. So now, I work 1/3 of the hours, for 1/3 of the pay (so same rate) and I am HAPPY. I love the school I work at, I love the kids, and the staff. I have learned so much from them in such a short period of time. The only downside is that my job is 45 miles from my grandparents' house, so it is a bit of a drive but I'm perfectly content to make the drive for the time being. I'm getting that much needed experience, and it has let me know that this is definitely something that I want to do with my life.
A comes home soon! Only a few more weeks and he'll be here, and we can finally take that honeymoon that we didn't get to take last year. We are going to Hot Springs, Arkansas for 5 days the week of Thanksgiving. Sorry Family, but we will not be at Grandma's for Thanksgiving. We are staying in a little cabin in the middle of no where, apart from everyone else, and will just enjoy being together. I am so thankful for him coming home to me, and being safe and healthy. Apparently he has lost close to 40 lbs the last time that he weighed himself, and I could not be more proud of him. He is eating healthier and working out, and I don't have to worry about him as often.

Please try and help me keep busy for the next few weeks until my love comes home to me, and keep me from stressing myself out if at all possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment